Apparently there’s something called the Versatile Blogger Award. I was on the list from Mothering Spirit. I don’t know what that means exactly but I feel honored! I love her. I love her writing. I love her insight. I love her honesty. Anyways, in her words, “you can read more about this award geared towards sharing the love here.) For this award, you’re supposed to share 15 blogs that you follow regularly and then share 7 facts about yourself.” (I couldn’t muster up the brain cells to figure out how to explain it. Clearly.)
Okay. Top 15 Blogs I follow, in no particular order, because it’s too hard to rank them, some very well known, and some new ones:
- Mothering Spirit (Duh): Her words are drenched in God’s spirit. I’m always fed by them.
- These Stones: Dear friend Christine is prolific and always has wonderful reflections and great quotes.
- Any Day a Change: Dear friend Katherine (whom I have yet to meet) just wrote a book. Reading her blog it’s hard to miss the appeal of her writing. She’s thoughtful and honest, and entertaining.
- Rage Against the Minivan: Kristen Howerton is crazy intelligent and provocative in a good way – challenging anything that is normative and wrong with the world.
- Windows Down: Dear friend Meredith recently got her PhD from Baylor. She is brilliant with everything but especially religion, pop culture, and music. She makes these kickass CDs of music that she loved from the past year. It seriously kicks off my year in the absolute right way.
6. Bruce Reyes-Chow: All around great guy, and gives me hope that the Church is going to make it.
- The Blue Room: Maryann is a beautiful and inspiring writer. She has incredible insight, and I ALWAYS appreciate her Friday Link Love.
- Mommymergent: Love these thoughts about motherhood and spirituality.
- Still Waters: Theresa is a fireball. She writes on everything from Asian American culture, religion, and being a pastor and mother. She’s the best thing for the Presbyterian denomination next to Jesus.
- PhD in Parenting: Annie gets my brain juices flowing by integrating so many topics connected to parenting. I always appreciate another level of thinking.
- Science of Mom: Alice has some really helpful tangibles about parenting, but she doesn’t skimp at all on what’s emotional and spiritual. Love her perspective!
- Hapamama: Grace lights a fire under my butt about Asian American parenting.
- Reluctant Pilgrim: Enuma is a lovely writer – always refreshing.
- Fidelia’s Sisters: The Young Clergy Women Project’s E-zine. Always some amazing stories and perspectives.
- (Im)possible Things With God: Elsa is GREAT. She is gorgeous, strong, and everything I want to be when I grow up.
There are blogs like Rachel Held Evans, Sarah Bessey, Micha Boyett, Carol Howard Merritt, and Momastery, but these are so popular and obvious choices. Actually, Rage Against the Minivan should fall in that category, too. And there are guys like Landon Whitsitt and Yo Rocko to include in the list. Of course, I should mention my husband, but he hasn’t blogged in a while.
OK. For Mothering Spirit – 7 things: 1) I could eat a whole jar of Nutella in one day. Just give me a spoon. 2) I love sci-fi. 3) I have dreams about doughnuts sometimes. 4) I get crazy thinking about the kind of world the babies might end up in someday. Not a good kind of crazy. 5) Insecurity hits me out of nowhere like a ton of bricks sometimes. I end up eating my way out of it. 6) I am happy that it only takes a couple of drinks to get me buzzed. 7) I’m a cheap date.
Thanks for the award!